Doctor Lasse Lempainen, who operated on Ousmane Dembélé in February, has spoken about the Frenchman’s recovery after rumours of an alleged setback.
On February 3, Ousmane Dembélé suffered his fifth injury in Barcelona and, once again, it was a serious one. During a training session, Dembélé suffered a rupture of the proximal tendon of the femoral biceps of his right leg, and had to undergo surgery. Ousmane Dembélé travelled to Turku in Finland and underwent surgery on February 11. The operation was carried out by Dr Lasse Lempainen, who diagnosed a recovery time of six months.
The estimated time out made Barcelona cut Dembélé from the LaLiga list and thus replace him with the signing of Martin Braithwaite. However, the Frenchman remains registered in the Champions League, according to UEFA’s official public list.
The French winger returned to the Ciutat Deportiva this week to continue his recovery led by Barcelona’s medical staff and technical staff. Despite this, in recent days there were rumours about a setback on Dembélé’s recovery and on the estimated time originally planned. Dr. Lasse Lempainen spoke with the Spanish news outlet SPORT and clarified the situation of the Barça forward.
“Dembélé is progressing as previously planned. And I am very sure that he can return to a higher level after 6 months of surgery,” said the doctor, who continues to follow the progress of the Frenchman.
According to the same report, Dr Lasse Lempainen assures that everything is “going from strength to strength”, and says his progress even opens up the possibility of footballer being with Quique Setién’s team towards the end of the Champions League planned for August. This would, of course, be subject to the player following the recovery process to the letter, so he can return at top form.